6 Aralık 2011 Salı

What You Defied

I could wait for you forever
I could wait for you while
Summerians invented the cuneiform
to record your beauty
while the Egyptians built the pyramids
so that their godly pharaohs
could reach you in the afterlife.
I could wait for you with the Israelites
in Babylon, you could be my Jerusalem.
I could fight with Alexander
I could wait through his dreams
and his fever, you could be my Babylon.
I could wait patiently by Jesus Christ as he rose to you;
and I could wait and wait and wait

(through Rome's burning, through the medieval dark, through the Black Plague, through the Thirteen Colonies, through the Opium War and through the Revolution, through Napoléon Bonaparte and through old Otto van Bismarck)

until after good Prince Franz Ferdinand
died for you.

but
I
won't

because those deciphered the cuneiform
had in your opinion wasted their lives
because you remained silent when they made quarries out of the great pyramids
and you changed in exile, you forgot your Jerusalem
and you had never been to Babylon
and because you had no sin for Jesus Christ to wash away
and (not only you didn't care about any of the things that happened in between at all but also)
you did not even weep for Prince Ferdinand.

I could wait for you forever. The atrocious truth is
I still can; but I really hope now, I finally hope

not
to.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder