20 Nisan 2012 Cuma

The Word

I will whisper it all to your ears
with my mouth, and to the curves of your breasts and thighs
with my hands, or with my mouth if you like
all the secrets, all the words of the spell
all the words of the Lord, all the words
you’ll ever need, all the words
that matter, all the words
in the entire universe:
Your name
and mine—
you just have to remain under my hands
you just have to remain under my mouth
you just have to be listening
you just have to keep your shirt unbuttoned.

**



I also call this "the Three Minute Poem". Simple reason: I was given the lines "You just have to be listening/you just have to keep your shirt unbuttoned." in my Advanced Writing class and was asked to write a poem, in no longer than three minutes, making the two lines above either the first two or the last two lines. Here's the result.

And just as a sidenote, I always love to read some feedback on the poems posted here. So if you're feeling particularly kind, you can use the Comments tool at the bottom of each post. If you can't be bothered, that's also fine, your sparing the time and energy to come here and read my lines is also a wonderful generosity.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder