21 Eylül 2011 Çarşamba

Welcome, traveller.

I'd like to talk about why I am creating "Faceless Colossi" first.

I like reading and writing. I love myself some rainsong, hot beverage and a good book like most of my friends do. I like creating compilations of words that will hopefully be counted as poems, short stories or literary essays by those who read them. I must admit I also like it very much when someone puts a variation of the adjective "good" before "poem" or "story" or "essay" when he or she (preferably she, to be fully frank) is talking about a work of mine.

Is this the main reason why I'm starting this blog? No.

I am taking an Advanced Writing course this year; and my teacher requires each student to do two pages of writing every single day. In his opinion, it "heats up certain parts of the brain". Possibly because he deemed that benefit enough on its own, he so far showed no intention of collecting, reading and commenting on what we write. I don't really blame him, though. Actually reading fourteen pages a week for each of the twenty-one students in his class should definitely be harder than assigning such quantity of writing and just doing a weekly page count every Friday.

So after some deliberation on how can I make fivehundredsomething pages I am going to be writing on random stuff in varying forms(though they'll mostly be short essays reminiscent of your usual blog post); I decided to share it with others on the internet. I came to that decision pretty easily because I had wanted to write a blog in the past; but I haven't had the incentive for continuous, persistent writing.

Now I have a whip on my back, yay.

I was going to tell you why I picked the blog name "Faceless Colossi" and the nickname "Khaemwaset"; but I have one line left before I'm done with today's two pages, so that story will wait for another night.

Please enjoy! The faceless colossi greet you!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder